If you own pets you are probably already familiar with fleas. They are common parasites that feed off of blood and their favorite hosts are usually our furry friends like cats and dogs. They can also end up on your property by hitching rides on rabbits, foxes, birds, rats, mice or any other long-haired animal.
Fleas are wingless insects that are extremely agile and outstanding jumpers. In fact, fleas are one of the longest jumpers in relation to their size in the entire animal kingdom. This jumping ability allows them to transfer from one host to another rather easily, including from pets to their humans. This is why flea control is necessary around homes.
Are fleas dangerous?
As parasites, the greatest concern about the presence of fleas in your home or business comes from their bites. Although these are not painful, they can result in an uncomfortable itch or rash. Your pets could also develop allergies to flea saliva.
Signs of a Flea infestation
If your dog is constantly scratching and/or biting himself, he may have fleas. Don’t just assume it’s season allergies or an itch! Always check to be sure
This is basically flea droppings and it will look like tiny black or red flecks on your dog – usually on their belly or by the base of the tail. Don’t assume it’s dirt, especially if your dog has been scratching and biting.
Dogs that are allergic to fleas or if they been scratching and biting a lot can develop red, infected skin. If you start seeing red, irritated or even bald skin, check for fleas.
Much harder to see than the actual fleas, the larvae are a dirty white in color and measure 3 to 5.2mm in length
Do you find yourself scratching at what appears to be nothing? Look closer. If you have small red bumps on you it may be flea bites. If you’re getting bitten, chances are you have fleas in your bed.
Types of Fleas
The most common species of fleas are:
- Cat flea – small, flat and brownish and prefer feline hosts, but can be found on some other hosts, as well. They cannot live entirely on human blood, so will often drop off of human hosts fairly quickly.
- Dog flea – tiny insects, also with flat bodies, and are black in color. They have bristles that allow them to hang on to dog fur even when grooming is occurring.
- Bird flea – also known as a hen flea. These prefer chickens and can infest an entire hen house very quickly.
That’s why you need a fumigation company with experience and the correct combination of effective pesticides to get rid of the flea problem for good.
However, if you need to use pesticides without seeking the help of a licensed fumigation company, you can buy from our online shop.
Discounts apply to Nairobi & Kiambu
Send kes 100 via Mpesa Till no. 810164 to reserve
We won’t be beaten on price, lets talk 😊
There are ways to prevent fleas from returning, and our qualified and certified flea control and flea prevention experts can give you advice to stop further infestations. Some things to remember:
- Keep pets groomed and cleaned
- Clean your carpets, rugs and furniture often
- Try to keep wildlife away that could have fleas
- Stay away from areas known to house fleas
Hygiene & Pest Control products
Choose Imagine Care
Why people always choose us!
- Instant Results – Knock down of fleas is immediate.
- Free Inspection – We offer free and detailed Inspection to determine the root problem.
- Experienced & Knowledgeable stewards – Rich in hands on experience having handled numerous household, hotel, restaurant, school and office flea breakouts successfully.
- Swift Response – We’ll arrive within the shortest time possible. I.e from 1 hours.
- Recommendations – Our technicians provide a service report with recommendations on how to avoid future re infestations.
- Discreet Service – We arrive at your premises in unmarked vehicles for privacy.
- Tailored solutions – designed specifically for each problem.
- Pest awareness training – We’ll provide training to homeowners and house-keeping staff to help them spot the early signs of a pest problem, thereby enabling quicker and more effective treatments.
Happy customers do the talking for you
They were amazing, came to my house in a timely manner and fumigated my house for mosquitoes. Would definitely recommend them to all my friends and family members.
Imagine Care definitely fixed our bed bug problem. We went from panic to relief and there have been no more bites. The 60 day warranty also gave us peace of mind.
They were amazing, came to my house in a timely manner and fumigated my house. Attentive and very patient. Would definitely recommend them to all my friends and family members, thank you so much Imagine Care.
Imagine Care did a great job clearing up our apartment’s bed bug problem. They cam out immediately, were prompt with follow-up visits, and we haven’t had any further incidents since their treatment. Will definitely recommend them.
Attentive and very patient. Would definitely recommend them to all my friends and family members, thank you so much Imagine Care.
I would recommend this company for ant elimination.
I was very pleased with the prompt service and politeness of the technician.
No more mosquito buzzes! Will definitely recommend them.
Since she contracted Imagine Care in 2017, the cockroaches are completely gone.
“We were a little bit skeptical at first, but Imagine Care® Cockroach fumigation has exceeded all our expectations”
It was refreshing to have such a friendly technician, a good job was completed.
Imagine Care fixed our rat problem. We went from panic to relief and there have been no more noises in the attic.
Get In Touch With Us
For booking and general inquiries.
Locate Us on Google Maps
From Our Blog
Finding a good service provider can be daunting for many people. To get excellent cleaning services, it is wise to know some of the factors that you should consider prior to seeking cleaning services in Nairobi.
Most lasting of all, however, is the stench that mice leave behind once they start to decompose, the likes of which can saturate a house permanently if the problem isn’t rectified in a timely manner.