A fly infestation in your home or business is much more than a minor annoyance. Non-biting flies like house flies and fruit flies are known to spread a number of diseases, including salmonella and E. coli. Flies are a common cause of food contamination and food poisoning. When flies infest your property and land on surfaces, they can spread all the bacteria and pathogens they have on their bodies.
Flies infestations can quickly spread throughout a home. Hiring an experienced company that provides fly control services is a homeowner’s best bet to eliminate the presence of flies and prevent infestations from recurring.
The presence of flies is widely considered unsightly and could harm the reputation of a business. Fly control is especially important for businesses that handle food, including restaurants, food processing facilities, hotels, grocery stores, hospitals, schools, etc.
Types of Flies
The most common species of flies are:
- House Flies – House flies are major carriers of disease and can infest all types of premises. They are attracted to all types of food, including human food, pet food, animal feed, food waste, and even feces.
- Drain Flies – Drain Flies are also called moth flies, sewer flies or filter flies. Their bodies and wings are covered with numerous hairs. They are usually black, but maybe brown and are commonly found around drains
- Autumn Flies – Autumn flies affect animals, such as cows, goats, sheep, and horses. They are usually seen on the face and often around the eyes.
- Bluebottle Flies (also known as Blowfly) can often be seen hovering around dustbins. These scavengers are attracted to pet feces and dead animals and as such are known carriers of the disease.
- Fruit Flies are commonly found infesting fruit or hovering around fermenting residues found in places with fruits & vegetables such as fruit processing plants and fruit shops
Signs of a Fly infestation
Noticing a few noisy flies may not mean you have an infestation. However, it should act as a warning sign to take some preventative action.
- Small dark clusters of spots – in light areas (the size of a pinhead)
- Regular sighting of flies – around your home, food or bins
- Maggots – these are flies in their larval stage and could indicate a potential breeding site on your property
If you want to reduce the number of adult flies but you’re unable to affect a potential breeding site, consider hiring Imagine Care’s professional fly control services
What to do if you’re infested
- Call a professional fly extermination firm, and check its credentials. Many pest-control companies have diversified into fly control without any expertise
- Don’t try to kill the flies yourself: last year an African woman blew up her home by lighting several insecticide “foggers” simultaneously: the propellant caused her gas supply to ignite
- Don’t use an aerosol-based insecticide, either: you’ll kill some, but the fit ones will simply flee to another room
- Don’t flee the infested room. The flies want a meal: if you go, they’ll follow
Discounts apply to Nairobi & Kiambu only
Commit with Kes 100 via Mpesa Till no. 810164, pay fully after service
Technicians arrive within 2hrs after reservation
We won’t be beaten on price, lets talk 😊
- Keep garbage cans and dumpsters clean. Fly larvae are commonly found around dumpsters and garbage cans. Keep tight lids on the garbage cans. Flies are attracted to odors. Keep garbage cans as far away from doors as possible to keep them from moving into the structure.
- Repair window screens and doors. Openings to buildings should be tightly screened with mesh screens. Where doors must be kept open for customers, trucks, etc., outfit the doors with air curtains.
- Pick up pet waste in the yard. Flies love to breed and lay eggs on this material because of the moisture content.
- In home kitchens, restaurants and commercial kitchens, drain flies can become a problem. An excellent product to treat home drains and restaurant drains is to use a professional fly control service
- Dead rodents and birds can increase a fly problem. Remove the carcasses, because flies lay eggs on decomposing rodents and fowl. The eggs become maggots (larvae) and the maggots become adult flies.
Hygiene & Pest Control products
Choose Imagine Care
Why people always choose us!
- Instant Results – Knock down of flies is immediate.
- Free Inspection – We offer free and detailed Inspection to determine the root problem.
- Experienced & Knowledgeable stewards – Rich in hands on experience having handled numerous household, hotel, restaurant, school and office fly breakouts successfully.
- Swift Response – We’ll arrive within the shortest time possible. I.e from 1 hours.
- Recommendations – Our technicians provide a service report with recommendations on how to avoid future re infestations.
- Discreet Service – We arrive at your premises in unmarked vehicles for privacy.
- Tailored solutions – designed specifically for each problem.
- Pest awareness training – We’ll provide training to homeowners and house-keeping staff to help them spot the early signs of a pest problem, thereby enabling quicker and more effective treatments.
Happy customers do the talking for you
They were amazing, came to my house in a timely manner and fumigated my house for mosquitoes. Would definitely recommend them to all my friends and family members.
Imagine Care definitely fixed our bed bug problem. We went from panic to relief and there have been no more bites. The 60 day warranty also gave us peace of mind.
They were amazing, came to my house in a timely manner and fumigated my house. Attentive and very patient. Would definitely recommend them to all my friends and family members, thank you so much Imagine Care.
Imagine Care did a great job clearing up our apartment’s bed bug problem. They cam out immediately, were prompt with follow-up visits, and we haven’t had any further incidents since their treatment. Will definitely recommend them.
Attentive and very patient. Would definitely recommend them to all my friends and family members, thank you so much Imagine Care.
I would recommend this company for ant elimination.
I was very pleased with the prompt service and politeness of the technician.
No more mosquito buzzes! Will definitely recommend them.
Since she contracted Imagine Care in 2017, the cockroaches are completely gone.
“We were a little bit skeptical at first, but Imagine Care® Cockroach fumigation has exceeded all our expectations”
It was refreshing to have such a friendly technician, a good job was completed.
Imagine Care fixed our rat problem. We went from panic to relief and there have been no more noises in the attic.
Get In Touch With Us
For booking and general inquiries.
Locate Us on Google Maps
From Our Blog
Every one or two years: on average, that’s how often you should have your upholstery cleaned by the professional carpet cleaners at Imagine Care in Nairobi, Kenya.
Wasps are not only a nuisance but also threaten the wellbeing of human beings. They sting, especially when attacked and also cause various allergic reactions.