Are termites dangerous?
Termites are widely regarded as a damaging pest to have in your home or business. Termites (sometimes known as ‘white ants’) can cause extensive damage to the structure of a building if they are not inspected, managed or treated by qualified termite control professionals.
Termites will feed on wood 24 hours-a-day. That means a termite infestation can quickly turn into a major problem. As their presence dates back 120 million years, termites are survivors and extremely difficult to exterminate without professional expertise.
Whether it’s your home or business premises, it’s likely to be your biggest investment in terms of money, sweat and tears, so naturally you want only the best provider for all your termite control needs.
How do termites get into your house?
They enter homes through exposed wood or infested items like wooden furniture.
Often enter the home from areas where wood comes in contact with the ground, by squeezing through cracks as small as a business card or by using the mud tubes they construct to travel from their below-ground colonies to infest wood in your home.
Formosan termites come into homes via wood that touches the soil and by traveling from the ground to wood using their mud tubes. Common entrances include inside homes include openings created by unsealed joints or cracks. Aerial colonies may also infest roofs and other spots high above the ground. These pests flock to sources of wood, especially moist wood and wood located in places containing excessive moisture in the soil where water puddles instead of running off from around the home’s exterior.
Signs of Termite Activity
Blisters in wood flooring
Dark areas or blisters in wood flooring can indicate termites feeding within or below.
Hollowed or damaged wood
Hollowed wood usually has a honeycomb interior and an empty sound.
Evidence of swarms
After swarming, termites usually leave discarded wings. There may also be several black or brown dead termites found.
Mud tubes the width of a drinking straw connect termites to their food source.
Dry wood termite droppings
Mounds of pellets, resembling sawdust or coffee grounds, can indicate the presence of termite waste.
What to do if you’re infested
Termites never stop eating. And while homeowners insurance covers threats like burglary and lightning strikes, most policies don’t cover termite treatment or damage repairs.
That’s where Imagine Care comes in. We have the most advanced and effective termite control products and technologies available. We also offer the strongest guarantee in the business.
Relentless protection — it’s what separates Imagine Care from other companies. And it’s what protects your home from the threat of termites.
Pre Construction Termite Control
If you are planning to build a house or develop your property for building your office, termite control is the first thing you should think of. We use highly professional and advanced techniques for treating the termite infestation problem. Direct liquid treatments are applied to the outside, inside and also in the foundation to eliminate the termites completely. Direct injection of liquid pesticide (termiticide) in areas like the foundation, within the foundation walls and also areas under the concrete slabs is part of our specialized termite control treatment plan.
Damaged or Infested
Book & Save 50%
- Single Room – Old rate
Ksh 8,000, New rate Ksh 4,000
- Bedsitter – Old rate Ksh 8,000, New rate Ksh 4,000
- Servant Quarters – Old rate
Ksh 8,000, New rate Ksh 4,000
Damaged or Infested
Book & Save 20%
- 1 Bedroom – Old rate
Ksh 12,000,New rate Ksh 9,600
- 2 Bedrooms – Old rate
Ksh 16,000,New rate Ksh 12,800
- 3 Bedrooms – Old rate
Ksh 20,000,New rate Ksh 16,000
- 4 Bedrooms – Old rate
Ksh 24,000,New rate Ksh 19,200
- 5 Bedrooms – Old rate
Ksh 28,000,New rate Ksh 22,400
- Not Sure, Request Survey: Ksh 1,000
Pre Construction Treatment
Book & Save Ksh 20 per Sq.m
- Old rate
Ksh 100 per Sq.m,New rate Ksh 80 per Sq.m
- Commit with Kes 100 via Mpesa Till no. 810164, pay fully after service
- A booking confirmation after reservation and payment of commitment fees
- For same day, technicians arrive within 2 hours after reservation
- A call reminder 2 hours in advance before the service
- Timely responses to all your queries
- Discounts only apply to Nairobi and Kiambu
- Paying marked prices gets you premium services
- Full paperwork for the service
Hygiene & Pest Control products
Choose Imagine Care
Why people always choose us!
- Instant Results – Knock down of termites is immediate.
- Free Inspection – We offer free and detailed Inspection to determine the root problem.
- Experienced & Knowledgeable stewards – Rich in hands on experience having handled numerous household, hotel, restaurant, school and office termite problems successfully.
- Swift Response – We’ll arrive within the shortest time possible. I.e from 1 hours.
- Recommendations – Our technicians provide a service Report with recommendations on how to avoid future re infestations.
- Discreet Service – We arrive at your premises in unmarked cars for your privacy.
- Tailored solutions – designed specifically for each termite problem.
- Pest awareness training – We’ll provide training to homeowners and house-keeping staff to help them spot the early signs of a termite problem, thereby enabling quicker and more effective treatments.
Happy customers do the talking for you.
Everything went smoothly from the beginning to the end. I definitely would not hesitate to recommend him to my friends and family.
Very professional. We received a complete explanation and directions for preparation before the fumigation. The fumigators thoroughly inspected the property before and after the fumigation.
Get In Touch With Us
For booking and general inquiries.
Locate Us on Google Maps
From Our Blog
Q: Will a professional clean shrink my carpets? A: No, it won’t. In the past, this [...]
Oftentimes, the prevalence of pests in facilities will depend on various factors, including the location and condition of the building. That said there are a handful of pests known for being frequent trespassers.