Aluminum phosphide is used as a rodenticide, insecticide, and fumigant for stored cereal grains. It is used to kill small verminous mammals such as moles and rodents.
Aluminium Phosphide (20 tablets)
Aluminum phosphide is an inorganic phosphide used to control insects and rodents in a variety of settings. It is mainly used as an indoor fumigant at crop transport, storage or processing facilities (or in shipholds, railcars, etc.) for both food and non-food crops . It may also be used as an
outdoor fumigant for burrowing rodent and mole control, or in baits for rodent control in crops.
Aluminum phosphide is used as a rodenticide, insecticide, and fumigant for stored cereal grains. It is used to kill small verminous mammals such as moles and rodents. The tablets also contain other chemicals that evolve ammonia which helps to reduce the potential for spontaneous ignition or explosion of the phosphine gas.
Aluminium phosphide(33% w/w)
Tablet, weighing 3gms
Advantages of Celphos
- Occupational safety
- Safe and easy application
- It kills all stages of Insects.
- Phosphine gas dissipates completely after fumigation from the treated area upon aeration.
- Phosphine is not an ozone depleting gas.
- Phosphine does not persist in atmosphere and degrades rapidly.
- Pests in stored products
- Outdoor vertebrates
- Fumigation control of insect and rodent pests in stored grains (wheat, rye, barley, rice, sorghum
, maize, etc.
- Seed grains
- Grain products (flour, noodles, semolina, etc.)
- Pulses (peas, beans, lentils, etc.),
- Tapioca (roots and flour), oil seeds , expeller cake, nuts, nut kernels, dried fruit, coffee beans, cocoa beans, tea, etc.;
- Empty warehouses
- Packing materials
- Transport containers, etc.
On exposure to moisture in the air, the tablets slowly release phosphine gas which when inhaled result into the instant death of the pests.
- It decomposes to release Phosphine gas upon contact with moisture in the air.
- Phosphine quickly spreads and penetrates into the commodity being fumigated.
- Reaches insects by diffusing through air space between stored grains and stacks of packaged material.
- Requires warm temperature (>15° C) and air tight enclosures for effective fumigation and insect control.
- Phosphine acts on respiratory chain of insects.
20 tablets in a bottle.