Nobody wants to live in a home with pests. Whether you’re battling roaches, termites, bed bugs, or any other type of invasive creepy-crawly, fumigation might be your best bet for getting rid of them and finally getting your home back.
One of the best ways to get rid of an insect infestation, whether commercially or in the home, is through fumigation. It is simple and cost-effective and can be used as either a preventative or curative measure.
Since it involves using specialized pesticides, it is important to have professionals carry out the procedures. Our pest control technicians are fully trained to carry out these practices safely, complying with all relevant health and safety standards and regulations.
What is Fumigation?
Fumigation as a service is the use of fumigants (gaseous chemicals), baits(traps and granules), or liquid pesticides to suffocate and kill pests within a structure. Stubborn pest infestations may require fumigation to be effectively taken care of.
Fumigation is a way of controlling pests that attack a home or a living area. You fumigate your house to eliminate bed bugs, fleas, ticks, cockroaches, and termites. So if your home is infested with bugs and rats, you should consider calling your local pest control company.
Commercial Fumigation Services
There are a number of commercial practices that often require fumigation services as standard in order to eradicate a pest infestation or to ensure that one does not arise. This is usually to deal with Stored Product Insects (STIs) for example weevils, mites, and beetles. Here are some examples of how fumigation can be used for this purpose:
- Shipping Cargo. Fumigation is often used to ensure that cargo imported does not have a pest infestation. Once the fumigants have been introduced, the container must usually be sealed for at least two days, followed by a ventilation process. Phosphine is most commonly used in this case as it can penetrate shrink-wrapped and boxed products and leaves no residues of pesticide.
- Food Stuff. Phosphine fumigation is one way of ensuring most bulk foodstuffs are pest-free. This applies to products such as grains, nuts, cereals, coffee beans, dried fruit, and rice. The exposure period, also known as the time “under gas” is usually 3 days, with further time added for ventilation.
- Warehouses. An entire warehouse can be fumigated if you are concerned about a possible pest infestation. This will involve sealing it off for some hours and introducing the pesticides by spraying, fogging, or using fumigants.
- Institutions and large properties. Pests in and around offices, healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, estates, and retail stores can cause great distress necessitating fumigation services. They can also damage your office building, fittings, and stock, with computer equipment and cables being particularly at risk from rodents.
These are just a few examples of ways in which fumigation can be useful in the commercial sector. They can also be used in the agricultural, manufacturing, or hospitality industries, and more. For a quote and more information, contact us.
Domestic Fumigation Services
If you have a severe infestation of insects such as fleas, cockroaches, termites, or wood-boring insects in your home then fumigation may be the best solution.
As it involves using specialized insecticides you should always use professional fumigation services.
To explain how fumigation typically works, here is an example of a flea infestation:
- Preparation for Fumigation. Before the fumigation process begins, medicines and food should be sealed and placed in cupboards; air conditioning systems should be turned off. You can return the same day.
- During Fumigation. The property must be vacant while the fumigation is taking place. Our pest control technicians will carry out the fumigation, ensuring that the pesticide has a chance to get everywhere and has time to work. Any pets should be treated using safe, non-toxic methods such as specialist shampoos before re-entering the property.
- Ventilation. Once the fumigation process has been completed there will be a ventilation period of approximately three hours.
Bigger Job? Call in the Fumigation Pros
If you tried do-it-yourself fumigation and it didn’t work as well as you wanted it to, or if you just know it’s a task that you’d rather leave to the pros, hire professional fumigators who can help you tackle pest problems as efficiently as possible. Contact us on 0759292158, 0103055943, 0742448334, 0756432285, or drop an email to to schedule a fumigation service appointment.